Update day: 11-07-2023
Category: IT - Software
Position: Entry level
Job type: Temporary
Job contentTraineeship (Storage and Backup Engineer, Global Delivery, 12 months)
WHO ARE WE?
Singtel is Asia’s leading communications technology group, providing a portfolio of services from next-generation communication, technology services to infotainment to both consumers and businesses.
We are a major communications player in Asia Pacific through our strategic investments in regional mobile operators, Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines), Advanced Info Service (Thailand) and Bharti Airtel (India), which has significant presence in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Africa.
This SGUnited Programme provides traineeship and enterprise attachment opportunities to equip you with valuable industry experience.
You will have the opportunity develop your skills professionally and gain an understanding of our business.
Technology continues to reshape how we live and we are proud to be nurturing talents for the digital economy. We are awarding exciting opportunities to Singaporeans with the passion to pursue a career in the Information and Communications technology (ICT) Industry. You can look forward to acquiring invaluable professional and soft skills.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for candidates with a passion to create a better future with technology, and the potential to influence others to do the same. We have a broad range of opportunities across business, corporate functions and ICT.
Recent graduates (2019 & 2020) and those with working experience (graduated 2018 or earlier) may apply. Recent graduates should possess the minimum qualification specified. The minimum qualification may be waived for those with working experience.
Practical work experience in various operational and functional areas, and participation in some fascinating projects too; Personal coaching & mentorship by our experienced team.
A blend of on-the-job training and e-learning through the Singtel Group’s digital learning platform, #CURIOUS, which features over 150,000 virtual learning courses.
The role of Storage and Backup Engineer is to support the storage and backup infrastructure and services defined by the respective MSA; in accordance with Service Levels.
- Perform daily monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of backup jobs on platforms (MS Active Directory, Exchange, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows, VMware, and UNIX servers).
- Manage and support Storage systems, including vulnerability remediation, capacity management, configuration management, provisioning and zoning of new servers using SAN switches.
- Analyse backup software performance accordingly to meet client needs and monitoring of scheduled backups to ensure success or take remedial action for failures
- Provide backup system data statistics to management.
- Perform regular DR(Disaster Recovery) test plan of backup data restoration and storage replication availability.
- Monitor usage and performance of storage and perform capacity planning for storage growth to management.
- Manage storage and backup changes through change request process & provide status reports to the relevant parties.
- Respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant parties.
- Monitor the agreed service level, document & maintain the configuration of the systems; provide regular reporting to relevant parties.
- Ensure service level meet requirement. Propose and implement action plan when required.
- Expected to work during off-peak hours on system activities (e.g. patching, upgrade)
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems
- Be able to effectively operate within set guidelines, policies and procedures, and able to execute instructions with minimal supervision.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. To that end, we strive to ensure all our people practices are fair and non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative. We believe in equal opportunity employment and recruit and select employees on the basis of merit such as skills, experience or ability to perform the job.
NOTE TO AGENCIES
To all recruitment agencies: Singtel Group does not accept agency referral and will not pay any fees for them.
Address: Singapore Smart Telecommunications Pte Ltd Singapore, Singapore
💸 2700 - 3200⏰ 25-10-2023🌏 Central
💸 2600 - 4500⏰ 25-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 25-10-2023🌏 Central
💸 2500 - 2800⏰ 25-10-2023🌏 West
💸 2500 - 4000⏰ 25-10-2023🌏 North
💸 1800 - 2300⏰ 25-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 5000 - 7500⏰ 25-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 25-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 3800 - 5500⏰ 25-10-2023🌏 North
💸 4000 - 6000⏰ 25-10-2023🌏 Singapore