Update day: 08-09-2023
Category: Education / Training
The School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) was established to drive the expansion of NUS’ lifelong learning offerings in a concerted and strategic way that furthers our mission to be a leading global university, as well as fulfil our role as a public university of Singapore, shaping the future.
Through SCALE, working adults (i.e. professionals, managers and executives) who aspire to stay relevant and ahead of competition, companies looking to up-skill/re-skill their workforce, and even youths exploring quality tertiary education options, have access to NUS’ suite of innovative, world-class continuing and lifelong education offerings.
Drawing on unparalleled access to the multi-disciplinary expertise of 16 other NUS Faculties/Schools, SCALE offers youth, executive and professional development/education programmes, part-time and full-time degree programmes, as well as modular courses that may be taken singly or stacked towards certificates/diplomas/degrees that meet the lifelong learning needs of individuals. All programmes are designed and developed in consultation with the industry to ensure relevance and currency.
About the Role
NUS is a Training Partner of an IMDA-appointed Training Partner Consortium formed to set up and operate a Programme Manager Office (PMO) to support the upskilling and reskilling of the ICT workforce. The PMO is known as NUS ICT Academy. SCALE shall, in partnership with other NUS Faculties and Schools, manage the Academy. To augment the manpower resources in the Academy, we are looking for suitably qualified candidates to join as Skills Managers (NUS ICT Academy).
Reporting to Head, NUS ICT Academy, the incumbents shall be responsible for outreach and administrative matters, ranging from organising meetings, reporting preparation, to organisation engagement.
This role is offered on a 3-year fixed term contract basis, subject to satisfactory performance.
Remuneration is based on a 12-month salary structure, with annual variable bonus which is subject to the incumbents’ performance and the University/School’s prevailing remuneration policies.
• Collaborate with relevant partners and government agencies to actively promote L&D opportunities with organisations.
• Collaborate with the various Institutions of Higher Learning, Training Providers and NUS Academic Units in providing suitable academic and training programmes, seeking government funding support and engaging in organisations’ L&D activities.
• Manage the relationship and implementation of organisations’ manpower re-deployment plans; organisations include MNCs, Large Local Enterprises (LLEs), SMEs, members of Trade Associations & Chambers (TACs) and Unions.
• Grow a strong network of organisations as key employers and industry partners.
Learning & Development
• Be the enabler of workforce transformation through upskilling and reskilling.
• Engage and work with organisations to develop training needs analyses, identify skills gaps and execute training plans.
• Work with schools to create and execute high-impact and high-quality programmes that are aligned with learners’ needs, interests and priorities.
• Collate feedback on completed training to evaluate and measure results and make improvements as required.
• Keep abreast of Learning & Development trends, ideas and innovation to introduce and incorporate innovative and appropriate learning methodologies and technologies to facilitate learning and development.
• Source, implement, manage and evaluate relevant learning interventions (including e-learning) and facilitators/speakers/trainers to meet learning needs in alignment with business goals of organisations.
Academic & Professional Certification
• At least a good bachelor’s degree in one of the following specialisations i.e. Education, Human Resource Development, or Organisational Development
• IT savvy and proficient in MS Office and Adobe applications
• Added advantages include successful completed ACLP, DACE or equivalent certifications and knowledge of Power BI
Experience & Attributes
Relevant working experience
• At least 8 years of relevant experience and a good understanding of L&D systems and processes, instructional design, content development, training delivery and evaluation of training effectiveness.
• Experience in conducting learning needs analysis, competency skills gap analysis and training.
• Experience in curation of e-learning courseware and managing learning management systems like Canvas, Docebo and/or micro/mobile learning.
• Familiarity with learning approaches for adult/workplace learning, including self-directed learning, team-based learning models, will be an added advantage.
Understanding Skills Framework and L&D
• Understand SSG skills framework, especially ICT Skills Framework including SF series transition and course submission and review procedures.
• Proficient in facilitating small to medium size workshops and comfortable with public speaking.
• Demonstrated success in implementing innovative training techniques and learning technologies in multiple areas including managerial and leadership development areas.
• Thrive in working collaboratively in fast-paced, ambiguous, complex environments to deliver required results.
• Excellent communication & presentation skills.
• People-oriented with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Meticulous, self-driven, able to work independently and as a team
• Able to multi-task and manage requests effectively
To expedite application processing, a copy of academic certificates and transcripts from GCE O-level onwards should be uploaded via the online application portal. Salary expectations, if quoted, should be on a 12-month guaranteed basis; do not include variable components like performance bonuses, incentives & allowances.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Continuing And Lifelong Education
Department : Executive & Professional Development
Employee Referral Eligible:
Job requisition ID : 21073
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 Negotiate⏰ 08-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 2500 - 3800⏰ 17-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 01-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 20-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 4500 - 6500⏰ 03-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 08-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 07-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 1600 - 2400⏰ 16-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 2200 - 3100⏰ 04-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 13-10-2023🌏 Singapore