☞ Victory Hill Exhibitions Pte. Ltd.
Update day: 21-05-2023
Show Engineersare responsible for maintaining all aspects of the of Avatar Experience, including opening or closing the exhibit and maintaining all figures, puppets, sets, etc. We are currently seeking Show Engineers who has experience with Mechanical, Electrical, and Theatrical Systems.
This role is part of a small, close-knit team of other technicians/engineers. Each person on the team has their own specialty and will be asked to assist with others’ areas of expertise at times. This can include animation, puppets, audio, lighting, interactive systems, show sets, video systems, wardrobe, paint, IT systems, etc. Training will be provided for these tasks, so it is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn new skills.
Show Engineers are also responsible for troubleshooting complex systems that can require several steps to diagnose and correct an issue. It’s important that a candidate can read and understand documentation and manuals for effective troubleshooting.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for opening and/or closing the exhibition on a daily basis
- Actively participates in the setup, commissioning, repair/maintenance and tear-down of all automation systems, rigging, scenic elements, trussing, motor systems and other associated equipment.
- Participates in site specific installation, implementation, renovation, and strike.
- Ensure the desired creative effect for the exhibition is always achieved and sustained.
- Ensure creatures are serviced and maintained according to the Animax documentation.
- Prepare creatures each operating day by performing routine functionality and safety checks.
- Communicates any mechanical or maintenance issues to the Technical Supervisor.
- Takes action to resolve all issues after consulting Technical Supervisor.
- Participates in operational coverage of the exhibit to ensure a technical staff member is always available during exhibition operating hours.
- Assist with any other exhibit maintenance when required.
- Completes inspection and maintenance procedures for animatronic creatures (per Animax documentation), as well as pneumatic and motorized equipment systems.
- Run and maintain all AV aspects of the show including but not limited to: audio, lighting, television screens, interactive displays and show control systems etc.
- All other duties assigned.
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical experience, ability to inspect structures and machines thoroughly for wear, ability to plan repairs effectively and safely.
- Experience with a variety of hand and power tools
- Ability to read, interpret and perform dinosaur care and maintenance as outlined in documentation
- Effective communication, both written and verbal, in a team environment
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision
- Proficient computer skills, including with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work on several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to take accurate measurements and perform international conversions
- Experience operating mechanized devices, lift vehicles or equipment, by steering, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts and man-lifts.
- Experience in theater, live entertainment, or themed entertainment
- Any overlapping skills in puppetry, electrical, fabrication, painting, audio-visual, etc. is a huge plus!
- Ability to frequently lift objects weighing at least 30 pounds, stand for long periods of time, occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch, and use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects.
- Ability to climb ladders, steps, and work from heights.
- Work environment is a warehouse/shop and involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following safety precautions.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as fumes, odors, and/or loud noises.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 Negotiate⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 North
💸 Negotiate⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 North
💸 Negotiate⏰ 23-06-2023🌏 North
💸 Negotiate⏰ 09-06-2023🌏 North