Update day: 20-02-2024
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
How you can make your mark
You can make your mark at projects located throughout the world, from Asia, Australia to Brazil and Mexico to Angola. The working atmosphere within Smit Salvage is informal and is characterized by professionalism, entrepreneurship and teamwork. You are ambitious and up for a challenge, like adventure and a dynamic international maritime working environment.
As a Shore Coordinator you will act as a sounding board for the operational team for financially-related subjects that vary in complexity. You will also make agreements (financial and otherwise) with local suppliers. At the end of the project, you will manage the financial completion of the project by reporting on costs to the client and our own organization.
Your responsibilities as a Shore Coordinator
- You will be responsible on the project location for the establishment of a financial accounting and logistical organization.
- Because of the ad hoc nature of the projects and the wide variety of project locations, the emphasis in this role will be on logistical organization. You will be the person with local responsibility for the logistical organization of colleagues (accommodation, transport) and equipment (customs, transport, procurement).
- You will draft straightforward financial reports on location that will be discussed with the client on a daily basis.
You can make your mark as Shore Coordinator if you have:
- Bachelor or Master degree, or equivalent education and ability.
- 2 to 4 Years of relevant working experience, preferably in an international maritime setting.
- Willingness and open to travel / relocate.
- Sound knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Open to work on weekends and public holidays frequently, with OT and allowances compensated.
- An excellent mastery of both written and spoken English.
- You preferably live in Singapore and / or are allowed and able to work from Singapore.
SMIT Salvage’s track record is extensive and has many leading insurers are customers. SMIT Salvage has specialized equipment and expert personnel and is able to respond to incidents worldwide 24/7. This is done from four locations strategically located to the major international shipping routes: Rotterdam, Houston, Cape Town and Singapore. The offices provide a 24-hour link to customers, ships, Boskalis Group offices and agents around the world. The system guarantees an immediate response and fast service. In addition, SMIT Salvage can rely on an extensive worldwide network of cooperation agreements with partners and suppliers.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Smit Salvage!
- Your team: As a Shore Coordinator you will work for SMIT Salvage Singapore. You will work for one of the largest salvage companies in the world. You are part of a team of 3 Shore Coordinators. You will also work with various other colleagues who are part of the Salvage team.
- Where you will work: You will work at our office in Singapore and at project locations worldwide.
- Full-time: The Shore Coordinator position is full-time (40 hours per week).
- Procedure: You can easily apply by filling in the online application form and uploading your CV and cover letter. You will always receive an immediate confirmation of receipt by e-mail. It is not possible to apply by email, the contact form or by post. Depending on the position, we invite you for two or more job interviews. If you have successfully completed all steps, you will receive an offer from us and we would like to welcome you to Boskalis!
Want to know more?
Interested? Apply by filling in your details and uploading your CV and cover letter on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general, we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.
Address: Boskalis Singapore, Singapore
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 2300⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 HarbourFront
💸 1700⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Singapore
💸 3500⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Ubi
💸 20⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Redhill
💸 3500⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Jurong East
💸 2050⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Sembawang
💸 2200⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Orchard
💸 4000⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Toa Payoh
💸 2500⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Bukit Batok
💸 2700⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Queenstown