Senior / Staff R&D Mechanical Engineer
☞ Leica Geosystems Technologies Pte Ltd
Update day: 01-05-2023
Category: Mechanical / Technical
ROLE OF THE POSITION
The candidate will be involved in the Design of mechanical components and subsystems for precision measurement instruments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and development of technologically sophisticated opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical components and sub-modules for precision measurement instruments.
- Take a lead role in defining, analyzing, proposing and implementing solutions to technical problems relating to design.
- Accurately evaluating product economics to prepare cost estimates; establish product design/development objectives and related strategy & plans.
- Involve in new product concept and design of components and related assemblies (e.g. with materials like thermoplastics, metals, rubber etc.) and support life cycle activities in these design related areas.
- Create documentations such as drawings, BOM, technical specification, test reports and presentation material as required to document and communicate results, etc.
- Design and validation of prototypes to validate concepts & functional models, qualification of components and sub-modules prior to production release. Participates in design reviews and follows up on generated recommendations.
- Work closely with internal multi-discipline groups (e.g. production engineering, procurement, service and quality management).
- Engage in technical negotiations with vendors. Interacts with vendors and participates in DFM and DFA processes to access component and assembly manufacturability.
- Work with a multi-functional and international-oriented global development team using a structured design and development methodology.
- Synchronize tasks and schedules with other internal groups to ensure conformance to product schedules.
- Design and conduct experiments using statistical tools and techniques to confirm analyses, evaluating new or existing designs to conform to product specifications.
- Develop and present test plans when problems arise, coordinating testing and data acquisition.
- Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of product design experience in mechanical engineering, preferably in industrial products.
- Proficient in 3D CAD software (good knowledge of NX Unigraphics highly desirable).
- Design Knowledge & Experience in metal parts, related assemblies, metal die-casting and related tooling design & high precision machining.
- Design Knowledge & Experience in plastic & rubber and related tooling design & manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of and wide application of 2D drafting practices (e.g. GD&T), tolerance stack analysis (e.g. 1D/2D tolerance loop analysis) and 3D CAD model understanding & related data analysis.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, scientific journals, technical procedures and IPXX specifications.
- Knowledge on Matlab application & programming language will be an added advantage.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 Negotiate⏰ 25-06-2023🌏 North
💸 Negotiate⏰ 09-06-2023🌏 North
💸 Negotiate⏰ 19-06-2023🌏 North
💸 Negotiate⏰ 25-06-2023🌏 North
💸 Negotiate⏰ 22-06-2023🌏 North