Senior Scientist #JobsThatMatter
Update day: 05-06-2023
Category: Pharmaceutical / Chemical / Biotech
As a Senior Scientist within Illumina’s Consumables Manufacturing Science team, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop methods for the production and testing of new process formulas, technologies and products for Array and Sequencing products. You will involve in new product scale-up, process optimization, technology transfer and/or process validation activities. This integral role includes developing production procedures, product specifications, use professional concepts, deep science knowledge and procedures to resolve a wide range of difficult technical problems to establish processes and products with the world-class performance, stability and robustness characteristics that meet quality and our customer requirements. You will be responsible too in developing assays by designing and executing experiments, collecting data, performing analysis, drawing conclusions and presenting to key stakeholders.
- Constructs and executes experiments, communicate results and conclusions to aid decision-making in definition and improvement, design, development and quality test activities for Array and Sequencing products and processes.
- Expand and establish novel methods, assays and tools to enable mechanistically characterization and study on materials and products.
- Defines technical requirements and procedures for scaling up and optimizing new products to production.
- Contribute to ongoing manufacturing science projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead or participate in complex technical issues to establish improvement solutions to correct or prevent recurrence of product and process failure.
- Work closely with other chemists, biochemists, integration scientists and engineers to develop assays, processes for new products and improve processes of existing products.
- Present results and data to collaborators, extended teams on a regular basis and senior management when needs.
- Leads or supports development of key strategic program, complete design and projects within schedule, budget and quality constraints.
- Keep detailed lab notebooks, prepare engineering study reports, updates, and summaries.
- Upkeep of lab equipment, laboratory supplies and good housekeeping.
- Provides guidance to junior scientists.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Ph.D. in Synthesis Chemistry, Material Science, Chemistry, Protein Engineering, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering and/or Bio-related discipline.
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
- Excellent understanding and skills in enzymology, biomolecular bioconjugation, microfluidic and fluorescence-based assays.
- Experience with a wide range standard analytical techniques and surface characterization techniques
- Industrial experience is highly desirable.
- Proven track record in rational, hypothesis based experimental design, execution, and data analysis. Experienced use of data and risk to formulate clear decision criteria to influence technical direction at a project level.
- Proven experimental track record of innovation and scientific creativity.
- Excellent laboratory, experimental and organizational skills.
- Design and execute experiments with limited instruction.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and propose next steps.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Good Documentation Practices and ability to write procedures and training manual.
- Attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively, taking initiative.
- Analytical, organized, efficient, agile, problem solver, self-motivated and independent.
- A self-starter, positive, and driven with a “can do” attitude.
- Collaborative, open, team player; able to rapidly integrate into global cross functional teams to effectively support progress towards group and platform goals
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 Negotiate⏰ 23-06-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 17-06-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 19-06-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 26-06-2023🌏 Singapore
Research Fellow in ESI (Carbon Pricing, Climate Finance, CGE Modelling)💸 Negotiate⏰ 26-06-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 30-06-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 28-06-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 23-06-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 27-06-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 1700 - 2200⏰ 25-06-2023🌏 Singapore