Senior Regulatory Affairs and Safety Manager
Update day: 02-05-2023
Category: Food & Beverage
Shiok Meats is looking for a Senior Regulatory Affairs and Safety Manager to bring technical and strategic expertise to the commercialisation of cultivated meat and seafood products. You will be responsible for the preparation and submission of novel food dossier and ensure that processes align with the global regulatory standards and framework. In addition to executing regulatory submissions, you will be closely working with cross functional teams on laboratory and plant safety and driving the long-term regulatory strategies. The candidate will report directly to the Group COO and must possess exceptional organizational skills and be able to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
· Bachelor’s /Master’s degree in Regulatory Affairs/Law, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Food Science or related fields
· 3 - 5 years of experience in Food Product and Safety Regulations is a must; experience in APAC regulatory affairs is an advantage
· Dual background in business and science is a plus.
· Proven success in designing, implementing, and upgrading policy frameworks for Food Production and Safety Establishment
· Experience in constructing and applying risk models to Food Alternatives and Innovation
· Manage regulatory aspects of products, processes, and projects, including but not limited to preparation, development, and submission of applications and associated correspondence to regulatory bodies
· Ensure that Corporate Regulatory Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and licenses comply with local regulations
· Develop a comprehensive understanding of the evolving issues in the Global and Regional Food Industry (especially Alternative Proteins) and draft well-rounded strategies to tackle them.
· Conduct laboratory and plant inspection regularly to identify and assess any unsafe condition in the workplace and to recommend practicable measures to remedy the work condition/practise.
· Conduct accident/incident reporting and investigation, generate report with corrective actions after root cause analysis
· Review and update company’s documents periodically (e.g., risk assessment, SOP, policy, etc)
· Conduct, manage, and participate in the inspection, audit and license application/renewal process.
· Work closely with the Senior Leadership to establish structured policy positions on seafood, sustainability, packaging, etc.
· Liaise with External Agencies, Regulatory Bodies, and partners (wherever necessary) to identify and prioritise concerns, issues, and needs and integrate learnings with internal team
· Implement Food Safety Management system and eliminate food hazards.
· Detail oriented and ability to handle regulatory information and submission with a high degree of accuracy as well as to create effective and lean PowerPoints.
· Guide cross functional teams on development requirements from a regulatory standpoint
· Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring cell-based crustacean meat and seafood to market
· Works well independently, as well as in a team; able to work collaboratively within and outside of the group
· Strategic Thinker who has the ability to lead and contribute in a scientific and technical setting
· Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and data presentation) suitable for both internal and external audiences
· A motivated self-starter and team player who can efficiently (& frequently) multitask
· Stays abreast of updates in the industry and possesses great attention to detail
· Believes in and is passionate about science, food, and alternative protein industry
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CVand expected salary.
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.-
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 Negotiate⏰ 21-06-2023🌏 West
💸 Negotiate⏰ 26-06-2023🌏 West
💸 Negotiate⏰ 18-06-2023🌏 West
💸 Negotiate⏰ 25-06-2023🌏 West
💸 3500 - 5200⏰ 12-06-2023🌏 West
💸 Negotiate⏰ 29-06-2023🌏 West
💸 Negotiate⏰ 26-06-2023🌏 West
💸 Negotiate⏰ 28-06-2023🌏 West
💸 Negotiate⏰ 15-06-2023🌏 West
💸 Negotiate⏰ 22-06-2023🌏 West