Research Assistant (Geodesy/Paleogeodesy) - R00013225 #Seek
☞ Nanyang Technological University
Update day: 24-05-2023
The Geodesy Group at the Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) at Nanyang technological University in Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Assistant. We are interested in applications from qualified candidates who have interests and expertise relevant to the use of geodesy and paleogeodesy for understanding natural hazards (e.g., earthquakes and sea-level change) in Southeast Asia. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and inclusive research team who work on exciting projects related to natural hazards and disasters. They will have a Bachelor’s degree in Earth Science, natural hazards, remote sensing, geodesy, computer science, data science, or a related subject. They will also have demonstrated experience in the collection and/or modelling of geologic, geodetic, paleogeodetic or remote sensing data for understanding natural hazards. Most importantly they will have enthusiasm to engage in the research work of our group, and a passion for making Southeast Asia a safer and more sustainable place for all communities in the region.
EOS is a research centre at NTU with a mission to conduct fundamental research on earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, and climate change in and around Southeast Asia, towards safer and more sustainable societies. For more information on EOS please visit http://www.earthobservatory.sg.
EOS seeks a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all and recruit on the basis of merit, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, marital status and family responsibilities, or disability.
- Analyze and interpret geodetic and paleogeodetic data to further our understanding of natural hazards and respond to disasters, with focus on Southeast Asia.
- Collaborate with experts in geodesy, geology, remote sensing, and sea-level rise.
- Carry out independent research work and write up the results for publication and presentation at conferences.
- Support public engagement activities by helping to write blog and social media posts about the research work of the group.
- B.Sc. in Earth science, remote sensing, geodesy, geology, natural hazards, computational modelling, computer science, data science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Earth science and natural hazards is required.
- Published papers in a relevant research area would be a strong plus.
- Experience programming with Python or MATLAB would be a plus.
- Experience working with GIS systems would be a plus.
- Experience conducting field work in Southeast Asia would be a plus
- Evidence of excellent English language and communication skills is required.
- Evidence of independence in research and team spirit is required.
Interested applicants should submit a CV, cover letter (explaining (a) reasons for being interested in the position and (b) relevant experience, and the names and contact information for two referees.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 Negotiate⏰ 23-06-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 29-06-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 03-07-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 22-06-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 02-07-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 26-06-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 1900 - 2150⏰ 29-06-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 07-07-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 03-07-2023🌏 Singapore