Update day: 20-09-2023
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for a mid-level attorney to join the growing commercial legal team in Asia Pacific.
The preferred location for this individual is Singapore and we will consider other locations in Asia Pacific as may be appropriate. You will partner with the regional sales team to manage the full life-cycle negotiation of complex enterprise sales deals.
You are a hardworking and creative attorney who is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts. This job is for you if you enjoy a fast-paced environment and love giving high-fives (virtual ones) when a deal closes. You have supported large enterprise sales organizations before and enjoy understanding the business drivers behind a particular deal. You must have a zealous attention to detail, excellent judgment and writing skills, and be customer support focused when dealing with internal clients and external customers.
- Qualified Lawyer with strong academic credentials and demonstrated record of success as a lawyer
- 5+ years of commercial transactions experience with at least 2 years of negotiating complex technology transactions (e.g., XAAS).
- Australian qualification and commercial experience will be a plus.
- Experience supporting a large sales organization selling to an enterprise customer base (e.g., F500, G2000)
- Ability to structure, draft and negotiate a high volume and broad range of commercial contracts, including Master Services Agreements, data protection agreements, Professional Services Agreements, reseller agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, etc.
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, advice and recommendations that properly balances the legal risk and business reward
- Must be able to take complex legal concepts and explain them in a way that allows a non-lawyer to understand the issue and the associated risk
- Ability to triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate expectations with internal clients and delivering results efficiently
- Experience with Salesforce, DocuSign and JIRA is a plus
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama, interest for learning new things, and desire to get things done
As Commercial Counsel, you will:
BE AN OWNER: Take ownership of the drafting, review, negotiation, and management of a wide range of legal agreements. Advise Twilio’s internal clients on contract interpretation and negotiation. Champion Twilio’s mission, ethics and integrity by ensuring Twilio’s compliance policies are in practice and protect the company from risk, comply with all applicable local laws and regulations, and are in line with Twilio’s values.
WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Seek to understand the context of the positions of Twilio’s customers and the requests from Twilio’s internal clients. Strive to solve problems and address issues from their perspectives.
WRITE IT DOWN: Assist with the development of policies and procedures, and standard template language to be used in contracts. Create processes and procedures to help support a rapidly-growing, global business.
RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Constantly evaluate which matters and issues are most worthy or in need of your attention at any given time.
EMPOWER OTHERS: Train and advise contract specialists on the legal team on the preparation, negotiation and execution of form-based agreements.
Twilio’s legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical and sound legal advice. Your unique skill set and experience are critical to help support our thriving and growing business and reinforce the trust and partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 5000 - 8500⏰ 16-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 2000 - 4000⏰ 20-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 16-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 2500 - 4000⏰ 01-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 3800 - 4500⏰ 07-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 13-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 10-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 07-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 07-10-2023🌏 Singapore
💸 Negotiate⏰ 01-10-2023🌏 Singapore