Update day: 12-02-2024
Category: Finance / Bank / Stock
Job contentBARX FX C++ Developer
As a Barclays BARX FX C++ Developer, you will work on BARX, which is Barclays’ cross-asset electronic trading platform, which helps our clients to optimise execution performance by accessing deep pools of liquidity through Barclays’ innovative and evolving trading technology solutions. It is a globally deployed platform that services clients across Equities, Fixed Income, Futures and FX business lines providing market leading liquidity and order capture capabilities.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating with Front Office Traders to understand new Trading requirements, provide demos of ongoing deliverables for feedback during the product development lifecycle
- Working closely with Sales and Traders to understand new Client requirements, and provide the ability to develop and deliver those solutions
- Working collaboratively with BAs and PMs, technical leads, QA testers and Quantitative Developers, to design, develop and deliver solutions
- Documenting new requirements in JIRA and progress them as deliverables within the team
- Proactively participating in the wider BARX FX technical community on strategic platform enhancement initiatives
- Becoming an active participant in technical discussion meetings across multiple projects in the wider team as part of regular ongoing technical forums
- Interacting with senior IT based Director and Managing Director level leadership functions for discussions on the project, the product, ongoing work streams
- Working with business analysts and project managers to understand the requirements
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent C++, 14 and above, programming skills with solid knowledge of STL and Boost, understanding and experience of developing low-latency, multithreaded trading systems
- Experience of working on multi-tier enterprise systems with high frequency messaging elements with excellent analytical skills and ability to investigate complex coding issues
- Experience of using SQL and ability to write stored procedures, triggers along with understanding of C++ unit testing practices, ideally GTest.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to work in a globally distribution team and a team player who takes initiative
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience of Java GUI and core Java along with good scripting skills using Python, Perl or similar
- Experience designing and developing real time high frequency front office trading systems and of working with a micro service architecture and grid compute technologies
- Proven experience in working in the Investment banking, working with directly with Traders, Desk Heads and Quantitative development teams
- Experience gained in Foreign Exchange Cash Spot and Forwards, NDF products, Options/Derivatives and Money Markets
Where will you be working?
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a “city in a garden”. Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you’re just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 2300⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 HarbourFront
💸 1700⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Singapore
💸 3500⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Ubi
💸 20⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Redhill
💸 3500⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Jurong East
💸 2050⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Sembawang
💸 2200⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Orchard
💸 4000⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Toa Payoh
💸 2500⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Bukit Batok
💸 2700⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Queenstown